Re: st: non-proportional odds and multilevel models

From   "JVerkuilen (Gmail)" <>
Subject   Re: st: non-proportional odds and multilevel models
Date   Tue, 13 Nov 2012 08:02:06 -0500

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 2:52 AM,  <> wrote:

> What options do I have?

I guess it depends. I've often found that that test is rejected but
the nature of the rejection is fairly trivial. It might be a sign that
you have an omitted variable. You may want to lean on your model
specification some more. You could also need a different link such as
cloglog instead of logit. As another poster said, the gologit approach
could be used.

I think it's important to check whether the model is good before
switching to a different link function or non-proportional odds.