Re: st: non-proportional odds and multilevel models

From   Colleen Nugent <>
Subject   Re: st: non-proportional odds and multilevel models
Date   Tue, 13 Nov 2012 07:50:31 -0500 (EST)

When the assumption of proportional odds is violated for ordinal dependent variables, you could use generalized ordered logistic regression (gologit2:  Here is another link with some resources:

I'm not sure whether or how it deals with multilevel models, but perhaps these links describe a solution.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Linda Kampata" <>
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 2:52:48 AM
Subject: st: non-proportional odds and multilevel models

Does stata have a model one can use for multilevel modelling for an
ordinal dependant variable which does not hold for non-proportional
assumptions. The non-proportional test results are significant
(<0.001) under the omodel command. I have read on statalist as well as
the Multilevel and Longitudinal Modeling Using Stata book and it does
not spell it out clearly for me to understand.

What options do I have?

Can someone please recommend or help me.