Re: st: Several questions regarding xtprobit and margins command

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Several questions regarding xtprobit and margins command
Date   Tue, 13 Nov 2012 12:13:20 +0000

My guess is that, although the error message may be confusing you,
-Outcome- does not qualify as an acceptable argument for -margins-
because, as said, it does not qualify as a factor variable or
interaction.

Nick

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Tobias Morville
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hey Nick, and thanks for the anwser on Q#1, and the grammar correction too :-)
>
> I run
>
> -xtprobit stop_dummy Outcome outcome_lag1 seqEarn seqearn_outcome,re-
>
> Where seqEarn goes from 0 to approx 800 (in a very few obs). Only in
> integers. Outcome is the number of eyes the die shows, and
> seqearn_outcome is a interaction between seqEarn and Outcome.
>
> This adds another question.
>
> As seqEarn (their accumulated earnings they get every game round) is a
> positive monotonically increasing function of Outcome(t-z), is there
> anything wrong with NOT adding the interactionterm between them?

<snip>