Re: st: Comparing trend (y) with trend (x) using ordinal logistic regression

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Comparing trend (y) with trend (x) using ordinal logistic regression
Date   Tue, 13 Nov 2012 09:51:09 +0100

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM, Ameya Bondre wrote:
> So, the logit model that I am looking for is -
>
> malnutrition (0 = present in 2009 and 1 = present in 2011) --->
> constant + exclusive breastfeeding (0 = present in 2009 and 1 =
> present in 2011)

This can be interpreted in two ways:
1) You want to look at whether people who were malnurished in 2009 are
still malnourished in 2011. This is a simple Markov model. You just
estimate two simple logit models with malnourishment status in 2011 as
the dependent variable, one for those observations that were
malnoursished in 2009 and one for those that were not malnourished in
2009. To estimate this model you obviously need to have asked the same
persons in both years.

2) You want to look of the proportions persistet. Now you don't need
to have asked the same persons in both years. The solution is again
the counterfactual I refered to earlier.

--Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
WZB
Reichpietschufer 50