st: stripplot, separate(): How to control appearance of markers

From   Elmar Saathoff <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: stripplot, separate(): How to control appearance of markers
Date   Tue, 13 Nov 2012 09:01:14 +0100

Dear Listers,

I am using stripplot (written by Nicholas Cox) to generate dotplots, which is an excellent and more flexible alternative to the dotplot programme. When I use the "separate()" option however, I am unable to control the appearance of additional groups identified by separate(). Consider the following example, here I am able to control the appearance of markers for domestic vehicles, but I have no idea how to modify that for foreign vehicles:

. sysuse auto, clear
. stripplot mpg, over( rep78) stack vertical sep(foreign) msymbol(smcircle_hollow) mcolor(black)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Elmar Saathoff