Re: st: Several questions regarding xtprobit and margins command

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Several questions regarding xtprobit and margins command
Date   Mon, 12 Nov 2012 18:20:27 +0000

I'll comment on your problem #1.

The help for -margins- starts

"margins [marginlist] [if] [in] [weight] [, response_options options]

    where marginlist is a list of factor variables or interactions that appear
    in the current estimation results."

When you give arguments immediately after the command, the crucial part is

"margins marginlist ...

    where marginlist is a list of factor variables or interactions that appear
    in the current estimation results."

So, it would help if you gave the exact and complete -xtprobit-
command you used. I suspect that the error message will make sense
when we see the exact model you fitted.

Nick

P.S. "dice" is a strange word even to those for whom English is a
first language. "dice" is a plural: the singular is "die". One die,
two dice.