Re: st: running rcpoisson command

From   Fatma Romeh <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: running rcpoisson command
Date   Mon, 12 Nov 2012 17:25:33 +0000

Thank you so much Aaron Kirkman, Billy, and Dr. Muhammad  for your reply. I really sent the question twice by mistake. This is my fist time to post in statalist, and surely the mistake will not be repeated.

I installed the rcpoisson command by using these commands:

. net sj 11-1 st0219
. net install st0219
. net get st0219

 I did read the FAQ questions before submitting mine and I didn't find an answer for my question in the posting. Also I tried a lot with the rcpoisson command before posting.

My problem was with the right-censoring limit:  ul[(#|varname)]. If I put ul(44), Stata will treat women with a number of children >= 44 as censored, which is not what I want. If I put ul(age), Stata will treat a woman i with number of children_i >= age_i  as censored, again is not what I want.

As I mentioned in my original posting, I want Stata to treat the number of children for a woman who are aged below 44 as right censored? I appreciate any help with my question.