Re: st: how to store cf3 differences in a data set

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: how to store cf3 differences in a data set
Date   Mon, 12 Nov 2012 11:50:50 +0000

-cf3- (SSC) is evidently intended only as a reporting command. To get
what you want, you need to

0. Get at the offlap between datasets by using -merge-, as Maarten is
clearly implying. This is a good idea on lots of grounds.

1. Modify -cf3- so that it does what you want. I can't imagine either
the author (who's firmly retired) or anyone else wanting to do this.

2. Copy and paste from -cf3- results.

3. Write your own program.

Nick

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM, rasool.bux <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear Maarten,
>
> Thanks for reply. I have installed cf3 by using findit command in stata.
>
> package cf3 from http://fmwww.bc.edu/RePEc/bocode/c
>
> I don't want merge/update one from other file. We are doing double entry by two different operators and then compare to find the discrepancies of data entry and then third person will correct those discrepancies in the master dataset.
>
> For that I have used cf3 with id option.
>         cf3 varlist using filename , id(varname) [noverbose]
>
> I think I have clarified. I want to store the results in a data set.

Maarten Buis