st: prtest confidence interval

From   Kenneth A Knapp <kenneth.knapp@shu.edu>
Subject   st: prtest confidence interval
Date   Sat, 10 Nov 2012 16:17:48 -0500

For a binary variable, to get a confidence interval I include the "binomial" option:
ci variable, binomial
(variable is  the name of a binary variable)

Trouble is, when I exectute:
prtest variable==X
(X is a number between 0 and 1)
the reported confidence interval doesn't match the interval obtained from "ci variable, binomial"
Rather, the reported confidence interval is the same as I get when I execute "ci viariable" -- that is, the ci command without the "binomial" option.

A particular binary variable I am working with has an upper bound confidence interval > 1 when I execute "ci" without the binomial option.

Any way to correct prtest so that the confidence intervals reported match those you get when you execute ci with the binomial option?
Is such a correction even needed?

Ken K
Seton Hall