Re: st: Comparing interaction (moderating) coefficient across models

Subject   Re: st: Comparing interaction (moderating) coefficient across models
Date   Thu, 8 Nov 2012 12:11:17 -0500

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Glenn Hoetker <Glenn.Hoetker@asu.edu> wrote:
> Greetings and thank you for considering the problem I pose below.  Any leads on underlying econometrics, as well as implementation in Stata, would be very appreciated.

<snip>

> My problem is that Y1 and Y2 are measured on fundamentally different scales.  Y1 is an count of firm creation and Y2 is a scale from a survey of managers by another organization.
>
> How would one best proceed to conduct this test?  Are there any problems hiding in the shadows that I should be aware of?

-suest- actually has this kind of thing as an example in the manual,
where the effect from a variable in one model is compared to that of
another by proportionality.