Re: st: 95%CrI

From   Dirk Enzmann <>
Subject   Re: st: 95%CrI
Date   Thu, 08 Nov 2012 12:31:13 +0100

Presumably, Srinivas refers to the credible (confidence) intervall of the MOR as discussed in Merlo et al. (2006), see

As far as I know, this is not (yet) possible using Stata. When asking Juan Merlo directly, his answer was:

"The 95% credible interval is based on the Bayesian MCMC estimation. You use the extreme 2.5% of the posterior distribution of the second level variance and calculate the MOR for these limits. This is easy to obtain in MLwiN and I think now you can run the MLwiN within STATA. Hope my explanation helps you."

See also -findit runmlwin- .

Surely, there is an absurdity to run a multilevel model using Stata, run an .ado-file (see -findit xtmrho-) to calculate the MOR, and then run the same model again in MLwiN to obtain its 95% credibility interval.