Re: st: lorenz ordinates in stata

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: lorenz ordinates in stata
Date   Mon, 5 Nov 2012 18:00:46 +0000

It seems that you have one observation for each county and year, at a
wild guess some sort of county mean. Where is the information on
variability that would enable you to construct a Lorenz curve? At most
you can pool the counties to get a distribution for each year, but
then you still have no information on variability within county.

Typing -findit- with appropriate keywords will reveal several
user-written programs, but they seem beyond what you can use.