Re: st: svyset

From   Rebecca Pietrelli <rebecca.pietrelli@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: svyset
Date   Mon, 5 Nov 2012 13:43:59 +0100

Dear Steve and Stas,

first of all, thank you very much for your time and suggestions.

- The purpose of my analysis is to describe aspects of population of
Uganda, related to remittances of migrants, starting from a survey of
2000 households.
For example, estimation of the total number of hhs that receive
remittances; the total number of times in 12 months hhs receive
remittances; the total amount of remittances received in cash and
kind, and so on.
Basically, by using the commands: svy: total and avy: mean.

- In this web page, they suggest to use fpc with systematic sampling:

 http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/seminars/svy_stata_8/default.htm

- Regarding the discrepancies in the number of PSUs; I have different
number, for example, in the file that collects variables about
remittances from household members (PSUs=191) and in the file that
collects the same variables about remittances from friends (PSUs=197).
This may suggests that in some PSUs, hhs that receive remittances from
household members were not sampled.
For sure, when the number of PSUs exceeds the number of PSUs of the
report (200) there is some problem of recording.

Thank you again
Best,
Rebecca