Re: st: From: "Marko Ledic" <a0949424@unet.univie.ac.at>

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
Subject   Re: st: From: "Marko Ledic" <a0949424@unet.univie.ac.at>
Date   Sat, 3 Nov 2012 12:31:06 +0000

One $ sign too many in referring to 'ccyy'p ?

(no left quotation mark evident on this device)

On 3 Nov 2012, at 11:40, owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu wrote:

Dear StataList,

After running the code (below) I get an error message
invalid file specification r(198).
Can someone let me know how to properly specify the file?

/**global macros**/
global var_hh hhid own
global var_pp hhid dname
global datasets us04 it04

/**program make data**/
foreach ccyy in $datasets {
use $var_pp using $`ccyy'p,clear
merge m:1 hhid using $`ccyy'h,keepusing($var_hh)
if "`ccyy'" != "us04" {
append using $mydata
}
save $mydata,replace