Re: st: comparing xtdes-like patterns for variables

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: comparing xtdes-like patterns for variables
Date   Thu, 1 Nov 2012 12:46:00 +0000

Sorry for previous premature send.

If you had several variables you could try something like this

local y = 0
gen long obsno = _n

qui foreach v of var <whatever> {
            local ++y
            gen y`y' = `y' if missing(`v')
            local which : var label `v'
            if "`which'" == "" local which "`v'"
             local call `call'  `y'  "`which'"
            local Y `Y' y`y'
}

scatter `Y' obsno, ms(dh ..) yla(`call', ang(h) noticks) legend(off)