Re: st: Ologit question

Subject   Re: st: Ologit question
Date   Wed, 31 Oct 2012 16:18:24 +0100

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Anat (Manes) Tchetchik
<anatmanes@gmail.com> wrote:
> so If the null is rejected for all tests (which is just what I received now:
> . test _b[cut1:_cons]=_b[cut3:_cons], accum
>
>  ( 1)  [cut1]_cons - [cut2]_cons = 0
>  ( 2)  [cut1]_cons - [cut3]_cons = 0
>
>            chi2(  2) =   48.22
>          Prob > chi2 =    0.0000
> it means that's the cuts are sig. different, right?

If your p-value (Prob > chi2) is less than your chosen level of
significance than you can conclude that you rejected your null
hypothesis. You did not say which level of significance you have
chosen, so I'll assume you use the customary but arbitrary 5% level.
0.0000 is less than .05, so you reject the null hypothesis. The null
hypothesis is that the cuts are equal. So you reject the hypothesis
that the cuts are equal.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
WZB