Re: st: mi impute chained

From   "JVerkuilen (Gmail)" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: mi impute chained
Date   Wed, 31 Oct 2012 08:48:39 -0400

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 4:54 AM, chong shiauyun <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for your advice.
> I simplified my MI model by excluding some interactions and reduced some of my variables. It works fine. However, I am concern that I have to use the -force- option  to make the model works. It am quiet reluctant to drop all of the interactions seeing that it may affect the relationship between the exposure and the outcome which I am interested in.>

I've used -force- and I think it works OK but check using
-midiagplots-, which you can download.

As to the interactions, if they're very collinear with the other
variables you have in the model they're not adding anything. You can
experiment with dropping or adding variables and keep checking with
-midiagplots- to determine how things are working. Remember, the idea
in MI is not to have a perfectly reconstructed dataset but to
optimally preserve insofar as is possible the information you do have.