Re: st: Dropping first 60 months of every Stock (Permno)

From   WEBER Sylvain <[email protected]>
To   "<[email protected]>" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Dropping first 60 months of every Stock (Permno)
Date   Sat, 27 Oct 2012 08:57:04 +0000

Hi Tim,

Looping over all observations is clearly inefficient.
Assuming you have a variable called "date" that contains the time period, and that you have no missing observations, something like this should work:

sort permno date
by permno (date): drop if _n<60&mi(ipoyr)

Hope this helps.

Sylvain