st: PDF tables

From   "Bianca B." <>
Subject   st: PDF tables
Date   Thu, 25 Oct 2012 05:34:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Stata users,

I found in an old post of Martin Weìss the program below to
obtain a table in tex format.
// capt ssc inst estout
     set obs 10000
     gen x=  rnormal()
     estpost summarize x, det
 esttab . using myfile.tex, replace ///
 cells("count mean min p25 p50 p75 max") ///
 noobs page
 !texify -p -c -b --run-viewer myfile.tex

I tried to modify this program to obtain a table with the summary statistics of my variables, gender age and education.

estpost gender age education
esttab . using myfile.tex, replace ///
cells("Obs Mean StdDev Min Max") ///
noobs page

!texify -p -c -b --run-viewer myfile.tex

The table I obtained shows only the title of colums without the statistics and the name of variables.

Any tips on how I could corretly write the program is greatly appreciated.