Ang: Re: st: calibrated weights

From   Tomas Lind <tomas.lind@sll.se>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Ang: Re: st: calibrated weights
Date   Thu, 25 Oct 2012 13:12:58 +0200

I have downloaded -calibest- from SSC. There is also a companion ado-file -calibrate- (on SSC) that creates the calibrated weights. In my case I have got a dataset with calibrated weights.

I have tried egen with the group() extension but in that case all new subgroups (agegroup by sex) sum to 100%. I want to know the proportion of women in each agegroup (for example).

/Tomas

-----owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu skrev: -----
Till: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Från: Steve Samuels
Sänt av: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Datum: 2012-10-25 00:05
Ärende: Re: st: calibrated weights

Tomas Lind:

Please give a link/source to the unofficial command -caibest- as the FAQ request.
To answer your question: create a combination variable that has age-gender categories.
You can use  -egen- with the group() extention  or -groups-, by Nick Cox, available
from SSC, which will save a data set with the combinations.

Steve