Re: st: sum issue (wrong values)

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: sum issue (wrong values)
Date   Wed, 24 Oct 2012 11:24:35 +0100

This is ambiguous as between the -summarize- command (which can be
abbreviated -sum-) and the -sum()- function, which gives cumulative or
running sums, although it seems you mean the first. In Stata (not
"STATA") commands and functions are quite different families.

Even then, you must show us exactly what you typed and exactly what
Stata did by copying output. Otherwise it is difficult to guess what
is going on. Does -latency_int- have value labels, which are what you
see when you -list-, but not what are -summarize-d? You should show us
the results of

describe latency_int
count
summarize latency_int, detail