st: sum issue (wrong values)

From   Christian Bärtsch <christian.baertsch@student.unisg.ch>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: sum issue (wrong values)
Date   Wed, 24 Oct 2012 12:13:42 +0200

Hi,

I have a issue using the sum function of STATA. I have a data set,
where I have a variable called latency_int (type: int; and something
over 5700 values). I use the command sum(latency_int). There I get the
minimum of 2 and the maximum of 1999 even though the data set contains
values from 44 to 81000 (those values are shown when I use
list(latency_int). It must be a pretty basic mistake, however I have
not been able to come up with a solution for days.

Thanks for your hints,

Christian