st: Re: st: Export Excel – multiple worksheets

From   daniel klein <>
Subject   st: Re: st: Export Excel – multiple worksheets
Date   Tue, 23 Oct 2012 10:49:40 +0200

try something like

loc i 0
foreach stub in GDP EMP [...] {
    export excel Industry `stub'_2000-`stub'_2010 using foo.xls

assuming the correct order of variables.

A minor side issue for StataCorp. I noticed that the indicated
abbreviation in the help file for -import excel- and -export excel-
result in an syntax error. Typing

import exc using foo.xls

imports foo.xls, but returns error code 198 export unknown subcommand "exc"

I want to use the export excel feature and I am unsure about the
syntax. I would like to export variables into multiple Excel