st: Re: Windows 8

From   "Joseph Coveney" <jcoveney@bigplanet.com>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: Re: Windows 8
Date   Tue, 23 Oct 2012 08:33:18 +0900

James Hassell wrote (excerpted):

. . . we have been testing Stata 12 on Microsoft's latest operating system.  We
are pleased to announce that on both Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro that Stata
works as expected with no issues.

Did you happen to notice any performance advantage (or any other advantage) for
Stata of Windows 8 over Windows 7?  My understanding is that most or all of the
changes in the operating system are of the user interface, and that the core
functionality for computation, local data storage and retrieval, display clarity
etc. is not changed.

Joseph Coveney