st: RE: RE: RE: -esttab- with ivreg2

Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: -esttab- with ivreg2
Date   Mon, 22 Oct 2012 22:01:26 +0100

Mike,

Not quite.  That's a matrix where -ivreg2- stores some basic first-stage
regression results and statistics.

If you want -ivreg2- to store the full Stata estimation from the first
stage regression for later use by -estout- or whatever, use the
-savefirst- option.  More details in the -ivreg2- help file.

Cheers,
Mark

> but I've having no luck getting -esttab- to put them in the
> table. Below is my code:
>
> est clear
>
> eststo _00: ivreg2 totpovrt00 totpovrt90 $mining90 $shchg90 $base90
$full90
> st_* (mtmscquan90_00=maxsr1) if arc==1, robust first
>
> estadd scalar fstat =e(widstat)
>
> esttab _00*, main(first) r2 starl(* 0.1 ** 0.05 *** 0.01) sca(fstat)
nogap
> nonum drop(st_*)
>

> Adding the scalar fstat works fine, but the table only reports the
second
> stage t-stats in parenthesis below an empty cell for the main table
results.
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

-----
Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2011-2013
Top in the UK for student experience
Fourth university in the UK and top in Scotland (National Student Survey 2012)

We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to
join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes.
Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and how
to apply.

registered under charity number SC000278.