Re: st: pca and predict--confusion about what it does

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: pca and predict--confusion about what it does
Date   Sat, 20 Oct 2012 23:45:27 +0100

That's (what shall we say) one point of view. Another is that PCA is a
multivariate transformation technique. No model, no estimation. Factor
analysis is a branch of alchemy, so I'll refrain fom comment.

Also, the variances of the PCs are in general not equal, and so are
not entirely a matter of convention.