Re: st: how to get age in number of years, months and days

From   jose maria pacheco de souza <>
Subject   Re: st: how to get age in number of years, months and days
Date   Sat, 20 Oct 2012 11:43:08 -0300

Em 20/10/2012 07:37, Nick Cox escreveu:
A better answer would be to do it properly, except that as earlier
said I suggest that years and days is a better way to go.

Here is some code. It has not been very much tested. It is a bit
messy, because it needs to be general enough to deal with leap years
and with persons born on February 29 (two related but not identical

Dear Nick:
I am delighted with your kindness in going ahead with my question.
I will try your solution in a set of data I concocted to test a very rough code I made, before starting the trhread.
As soon I got the results I inform you.
Thank you very very much.
josé maria

Jose Maria Pacheco de Souza
Professor Titular (aposentado), Professor Senior
Departamento de Epidemiologia/Faculdade de Saude Publica, USP
Av. Dr. Arnaldo, 715
01246-904  -  S. Paulo/SP - Brasil
fones (11)3061-7747; (11)3768-8612