st: Increase/Decrease Decimal Places without Graph Editor

From   Lisa Wang <>
Subject   st: Increase/Decrease Decimal Places without Graph Editor
Date   Fri, 19 Oct 2012 20:31:29 +1100

Hi all,

I am wondering how I can specify the number of decimals that will show
for the x- or y-axes units without having to resort to graph editor to
adjust it.

For instance, I wanted to do:
twoway (scatter var1 var2 if var3>0, sort), xtitle(abc) ytitle(def)
note(my notes) yformat(9.1%f)

but it always returns option yformat not allowed. OK...If this option
is not feasible, how could I make values of the y-axis units always
display at least 1 decimal place? Or more generally, how can I ensure
that the x- or y-axes display "n" number of decimal places?

Thank you for any suggestions,