st: Suppressing some standard deviations in -esttab-

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Suppressing some standard deviations in -esttab-
Date   Wed, 17 Oct 2012 12:06:48 -0400

Hello all,

I'm trying to generate a summary statistics table for a set of different
samples (each sample in its own column in the table). After a fair amount
of trying and failing, I was able to get the table working, except for one
problem. I have a set of statistics for which I do not want to report the
standard deviation because it doesn't make sense to do so. However, I want
to report sd's for the other statistics in the table. Is there some way to
selectively suppress sd's and only report the means? So far I've tried
using estadd to add a scalar that is equal to the r(mean), but have run
into problems because I'm doing this for multiple samples (is there a way
to incorporate estadd into the -by- statement as well?). I've copied my
code below. The variables for which I want to suppress the sd's are
passedRdg and passedMth. Any advice you may have is appreciated.

bysort model: eststo: estpost tabstat prof_adv_* testpart* passedRdg
passedMth , statistics(mean sd) columns(statistics);
esttab using $output/summstats.tex, replace
  style(tex)
  main(mean)
  aux(sd)
  nodepvar
  mtitles("Sample A" "Sample B" "Sample C" "Sample D" "Sample E")
  unstack
  label;

Thanks,
Max

Max Livingston
Research Analyst
Microeconomic Studies
Research and Statistics Group
Federal Reserve Bank of New York
(212) 720-7894

This e-mail message, including attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or proprietary information.  If you are not the intended recipient, immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.