st: ipfweight command. Clarification of population margins

From   Johanna Birnir <jkbirnir@umd.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: ipfweight command. Clarification of population margins
Date   Wed, 17 Oct 2012 08:36:37 +0000

Dear statalisters,

I would like to use the ipfweight command to rake my data but I don't
understand what population margins I am supposed to list.  In the help
example there are more margins listed than variables to be weighted.
Also the margins in the example are fractions while the variables to
be weighted are nominal.

Thanks for your consideration, Johanna