Re: st: Abnormal logistic results

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Abnormal logistic results
Date   Tue, 16 Oct 2012 13:22:09 +0200

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Ras Dondo  wrote:
> Thanks Maarten. But will it make any difference if instead of comparing those exposed and those not exposed to drug X, I decided to compare those with the disease to those without the disease in an attempt to determine the odds of exposure to the drug?

No, because that would still involve a comparison of exposed and
non-exposed. If you want to that route, you'll have to make sure that
exposure is in no way part of your model, but I guess that exposure is
the key variable for your analysis so that is not useful. I guess the
only thing you can do with the data you have is report the raw odds
ratio, without adjusting for anything.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Reichpietschufer 50