Re: st: Unable to use "replace" on specific values (but others work ok)

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Unable to use "replace" on specific values (but others work ok)
Date   Tue, 16 Oct 2012 01:09:52 +0100

I can't reproduce your problem. However, if your do-file or command
lines are corrupted by strange characters such as char(160) -- recall
the previous thread you started -- you might get some very odd
messages about invalid names. Use -hexdump- on a file containing
commands.

Also, you are using a -float- to contain large integers. That's bound
to run into problems sooner or later, but not with the example values
given here.

.  clear

.  set obs 3
obs was 0, now 3