Re: st: Fixed effects - not quite invariant variables?

From   Guo Xu <digitalepourpre@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Fixed effects - not quite invariant variables?
Date   Mon, 15 Oct 2012 10:35:26 +0100

Hi,

When regressors are not changing much (as in your case), FE is prone
to measurement errors - have a look at the discussion in these
applications, it may help:

Barro, Robert J. (2000) ‘Inequality and growth in a panel of
countries.’ Journal of Economic
Growth 5(1), 5—32

Banerjee and Duflo (2003) 'Inequality and Growth: What Can the Data Say?'

Guo