RE: st: Normally distributed error term & testing normality of

From   Ebru Ozturk <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Normally distributed error term & testing normality of
Date   Sun, 14 Oct 2012 18:06:22 +0300

Thank you very much for your response.

But, the issue is not for me whether to use -glm- or -tobit-. I want to learn how I can test Tobit specifications graphically.

For instance, in linear regression they generate residuals and check it by -qnorm- or -pnorm- (qnorm e). Also, to check heteroscedasticity they make a graph of the residuals of the model against the predicted values.

So, if the residuals will not be normal because of censoring, what should I look at? What should I use instead of residuals in Tobit?

Ebru