Re: st: rescaling a variable by the maximum value question

From   "JVerkuilen (Gmail)" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: rescaling a variable by the maximum value question
Date   Sat, 13 Oct 2012 11:55:00 -0400

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Nick Cox <[email protected]> wrote:
> But you are right: it is not an estimation command. It is r-class, not
> e-class. That's exactly why I said "statistical", and here the
> definition is that a command is statistical if it leaves either
> r-class or e-class results.

Ah, what I meant was that for some reason I didn't think of
-summarize- as leaving anything behind, which of course is wrong.

I taught a bit with Stata before and have used it a lot to analyze
data, but this is the first semester I'm trying to push computing more
strongly, and there's nothing like teaching to find out what you don't
know or don't know how to explain!