st: compute a variable with the same formula for each year

From   urbain thierry YOGO <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: compute a variable with the same formula for each year
Date   Thu, 11 Oct 2012 20:40:54 +0100

Hi all
I have a variable year going from 2000 to 2010. I want to compute the
following formula for each year a=10exp(2t). But the point is that i
need the respective observations to constitute a variable, not
independent scalar. I have tried the following code:
egen t=group(year)
forvalue t=1(1)11{
gen y`t'=10*exp(2*`t')
}
gen a=year
replace a=y1 if year==2000
replace a=y2 if year==2001
replace a=y3 if year==2002
.
.replace a=y11 if year==2010

Please is there a simple code to do this? thank you
--
*Urbain Thierry YOGO
Ph.D candidate in Economics*