st: Sums and means for each decile

From   Charles Vellutini <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Sums and means for each decile
Date   Thu, 11 Oct 2012 15:09:39 +0000

Dear all,

I have looked at -decile- and -pctile- but neither provides the sums and means of each decile/percentile (only the cutoffs), if I am not mistaken.

One could of course recover the cutoffs from -decile- and program this by hand. There is also the excellent -glcurve- available from SSC but this produces graphs; it creates variables that, yes, could also be used to compute the sums I suppose.

But I thought that someone surely programmed this already?

Many thanks in advance,