st: growth rate

From   "Lynn Lee" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: growth rate
Date   Wed, 10 Oct 2012 20:41:15 +0800

Dear all,

I use -bysort id: gen growth=D.loggdp- to generate growth rate of GDP in
panel data. I also wrote -xtset year- before this command, but Stata11 told
me "time variable not set". I am assuming this command  is only for
time-series data. What about panel? What is the command used in panel to
generate growth rate?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Best Regards,
Lynn Lee