st: twoway line

From   "Lynn Lee" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: twoway line
Date   Mon, 8 Oct 2012 10:13:05 +0800

Thank you, Kit. Your suggestion is of great help.

Best Regards,
Lynn Lee

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Christopher Baum
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 3:15 AM
Subject: re: st: twoway line

Lynn said

If I want to plot the coefficients on years only , not margins'
coefficients, how to do that?

I tried -mat b=e(b)', but coefficients on mvalue and kstock are listed in
data set. How to exclude them?  Thank you.

In the example I gave, one would not want to do that, as the coefficients in
that regression on year dummies are contrasts with the excluded year's
value. But if you had a set of coefficients you wanted to include, you could
just pull them out of e(b).

mat b = e(b)
mat want = b[1,3..22]'

which would drop the first two and last coefficients from that regression,
and return a column vector of the rest. You could also refer to the
coefficients' quoted names, but that can get messy.

                             An Introduction to Stata Programming  |