re: st: twoway line

From   Christopher Baum <>
To   "" <>
Subject   re: st: twoway line
Date   Sun, 7 Oct 2012 19:14:54 +0000

Lynn said

If I want to plot the coefficients on years only , not margins'
coefficients, how to do that?

I tried -mat b=e(b)', but coefficients on mvalue and kstock are listed in
data set. How to exclude them?  Thank you.

In the example I gave, one would not want to do that, as the coefficients in that regression on year dummies are contrasts
with the excluded year's value. But if you had a set of coefficients you wanted to include, you could just pull them out of e(b).

mat b = e(b)
mat want = b[1,3..22]'

which would drop the first two and last coefficients from that regression, and return a column vector of the rest. You could also refer to the coefficients' quoted names, but that can get messy.

                             An Introduction to Stata Programming  |