Re: st: Mixed models for repeated measures

From   Joerg Luedicke <joerg.luedicke@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Mixed models for repeated measures
Date   Fri, 5 Oct 2012 18:25:53 -0500

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Avi Zakai <aviz@trdf.technion.ac.il> wrote:
> I was thinking about mixed models, however no matter what I tried, I got error messages. I would like to ask, what is the syntax I need to write in order to run a mixed model of Y=bX+e where e~N(0,R).

First of all, your equation is not representing a 'mixed model' as a
linear mixed (effects)/multilevel model would have at least two error
terms. Second, you do not even say which Stata command(s) you are
trying to use. Third, even if you would have mentioned that, Stata
command syntax is concisely documented in the help files and manuals.
If you are unsure about the usage of a certain command, you should at
least show what you have tried and what exactly 'didn't work'. The way
your question is worded, there is little that can be provided by the
list. BTW you are asked to read the Statalist FAQ and your spelling of
Stata is indication that you did not. I suggest you read it and and
then post again, providing sufficient information and precise
questions.

Joerg