RE: st: Weighted proportion

From   "" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Weighted proportion
Date   Thu, 4 Oct 2012 15:28:05 -0700 (PDT)

Have you tried
summarize rrace [weight=RWEIGHT]

Sent with Verizon Mobile Email

---Original Message---
Sent: 10/4/2012 5:13 pm
Subject: st: Weighted proportion

Dear statalist,

Any thoughts on a handy function or command to summarize the weighted
proportion? For instance, I have a variable that indicates to which
Race a respondent belongs. For example

RRACE = 1 if Hispanic
RRACE = 2 if White
RRACE = 3 if Black
RRACE = 4 if Other

Additionally I have a variable that weights the respondents (due to
oversampling of Hispanic's in my database), call this variable

Now I want to summarize the weighted proportions of RRACE, i.e. how
much % is Hispanic, White, etc.

Obviously I can plot a histogram by the command [see below] which will
give me an overview of the proportions.

histogram rrace [weight = RWEIGHT], discrete width(1) percent

My question is: how can I get these proportions into the result window?

Thank you!