Re: st: lock variable in model so that swaic cannot remove it

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: lock variable in model so that swaic cannot remove it
Date   Thu, 4 Oct 2012 12:25:51 +0100

Depends what you mean by "similar". I don't know anything based on
AIC, if that's what you mean, but other people will know much more
about that than I do, as I don't follow automated variable selection
programs closely.

I am a great fan of selecting variables by thinking about what makes
scientific sense and what seems to work well statistically, but that's
hard to automate, and not everyone has the luxury to do that.

Nick