RE: st: lock variable in model so that swaic cannot remove it

From   Neophytos Stylianou <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: lock variable in model so that swaic cannot remove it
Date   Thu, 4 Oct 2012 09:23:43 +0000

Thanks Nick

Sorry for not having all details there. It is my first time in statalist. Ill make sure next time I will be more descriptive.

By the way is there another way of getting an optimal model similar to swaic?

Thanks,
Neo

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: 04 October 2012 10:02
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: lock variable in model so that swaic cannot remove it

-swaic- is a user-written command. Please remember that you are asked to explain where user-written commands you refer to come from. In this case I doubt that either author is a member of the list, and I know that Tom Steichen is very firmly retired.

. search swaic

Keyword search

          Search:  (1) Official help files, FAQs, Examples, SJs, and STBs

Search of official help files, FAQs, Examples, SJs, and STBs

SJ-5-4  sg134_1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Software update for swaic
        (help swaic if installed) . . . . . . . . . Z. Wang and T. J. Steichen
        Q4/05   SJ 5(4):607
        has new varwidth option, now works with xi, and now works
        after clogit

STB-54  sg134 . . . . . Model selection using the Akaike information criterion
        (help swaic if installed) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Z. Wang
        3/00    pp.47--49; STB Reprints Vol 9, pp.335--337
        command for stepwise model selection using the Akaike
        information criterion (AIC)