Re: Re: st: Matching samples in Stata

From   Paula Arce <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: Re: st: Matching samples in Stata
Date   Wed, 3 Oct 2012 12:29:58 +0100 (BST)

Thanks for the clarification Ariel; why do I need to specify _weight in the regression?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ariel Linden, DrPH" <>
Sent: Tuesday, 2 October 2012, 17:55
Subject: re: Re: st: Matching samples in Stata

The -outvar- in -psmatch2 is the outcome variable. In other words, if you
want to see if medical students have a significantly (statistically)
different outcome than non-medical students, you could plug that variable in
to -out()-, however the matching code will run perfectly fine without
specifying the outcome. That only means that you'll need to analyze the
outcome on your own after matching, ie:

regress outcome treatment [_weight]