st: eststo and factor variables

From   "Fabian Schönenberger" <>
Subject   st: eststo and factor variables
Date   Wed, 03 Oct 2012 09:05:28 +0200

Dear Statalist

I am using eststo to store regression results; eststo is from Kit Baum and available at SSC Archive.

I got the following error message:
 eststo: quietly regress log_trim_totalreturn_std_plus16 log_COSTR_5ya log_trim_leverage log_trim_sale_corr i.sic12 i.date_year,vce(cluster cusip)
factor variables not allowed

Does eststo not run with factor variables and is there an alternative to eststo? Do I have to switcht to "estimates store" and then estout? I tried and it worked with estout, but I have to adapt the style settings from esttab to estout.

Thanks for support!