st: Matching samples in Stata

From   Paula Arce <paulaarce@rocketmail.com>
Subject   st: Matching samples in Stata
Date   Mon, 1 Oct 2012 15:08:11 +0100 (BST)

Hi All,

I am interested in comparing medical students vs. other students on a number of measures from a survey study.  The medical student subgroup accounts for 12% of the total sample.

I would, therefore, like to match the medical students with a sub-group of the other students based on socio-demographic variables  - so that the two samples are more similar in size.

How can I achieve this in Stata? is there a matching command/macro I can download and use?  Has anyone done anything similar and can share some tips?

Many thanks,
Paula