Re: st: gui bug in graph editor in stata for windows

From   Alan Riley <ariley@stata.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: gui bug in graph editor in stata for windows
Date   Wed, 26 Sep 2012 18:22:32 -0500

George Hoffman (ghoffman@mcw.edu) reported a problem with preferences
and multiple tabs in the Graph window:
> This bug has occurred a couple times for me and now I can reproduce it:
> Stata 12, update Aug 8
> Windows 7 x64 all latest updates
>
> Open four graphs in separate tabs in the graph window.
> Go to preferences tab in graph window
> Change clipboard type from wmf to emf or vice-versa.
> Click ok
>
> The graph window will rapidly cycle though the tabs, and stata is unresponsive, only stoppable by killing the process from windows task manager.

We have reproduced the problem George reported.  It is in the code
that automatically refreshes graph windows/tabs after a change to
the preferences, and will be fixed in a future update.

--Alan
ariley@stata.com