st: sampling weight

From   "Lynn Lee" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: sampling weight
Date   Wed, 26 Sep 2012 14:49:52 +0800

Dear all,

The dataset I used in my research may not be representative of the study
population. I want to use population was my sampling weights. But, I am
wondering what type of population is more suitable for sampling weights:
the number of observations participated in survey in each village, or , the
actual total population in each surveyed village? While the actual total
population in each surveyed village is difficult to obtain, especially for
continuous years.

Any suggestion to suggest which weight is better? Or, other types of weights
may be better than population weights?

Best Regards,
Lynn Lee