st: Converting a vetor into a matrix

From   André Gyllenram <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Converting a vetor into a matrix
Date   Mon, 24 Sep 2012 14:20:46 +0200

I have read that in mata you can use rowshape or colshape to convert a vector into a matrix. But it does not seem to work for me. If I have a 9x1 vector and want to convert it to a 3*3 matrix how do I do that?

If A is the 9x1 vector and I write:

rowshape(A,3) i get this message:

"rowshape():  3103  view found where array required
                 <istmt>:     -  function returned error"

Sorry if this has been asked before but i could not find it.

Kind regards